Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] - Soviet Warehouse Environment

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Genomo polycounter lvl 5
Hello everyone,
My name is Vitaly Zhdanov. I'm a 3D Environment Artist at Anvio VR, Moscow. 
This project I created during the course "UE4 Modular Environments" with Clinton Crumpler on CGMA. I used Unreal Engine, Maya, Mightybake, Substance Painter, Marvelous Designer and Zbursh. 
I realy liked this course and I'd like to thank Clinton for his valuable feedback and advices.

Also you can see 360 panorama on my artstation: https://www.artstation.com/artwork/qn1K2

https://youtu.be/dZ6AjMq0-Dg

Replies

• Maximum-Dev
    This is looking very nice! Feels like Metro Last Light = my favorite interiors of all time.
    My only crit would be that the tint is a bit too strong, but besides that, really liking it. Lovely attention to detail. :)
  • Bedrock
    Offline / Send Message
    Bedrock polycounter lvl 10
    All the detail looks very purposeful but natural, really feels like it could be a real place! That's really hard to nail I find. 

I would like to see a little more variety in lighting, the ceiling lights are good but I would throw in some desk lamps or flood lights maybe just to get more dramatic shots with light coming in from a lower angle. Could have a ceiling light broken off from the ceiling and just dangling by the cable? Either way great stuff!
  • Genomo
    Offline / Send Message
    Genomo polycounter lvl 5
    This is looking very nice! Feels like Metro Last Light = my favorite interiors of all time.
    My only crit would be that the tint is a bit too strong, but besides that, really liking it. Lovely attention to detail. :)
    Thanks man!
    Bedrock said:
    All the detail looks very purposeful but natural, really feels like it could be a real place! That's really hard to nail I find. 

I would like to see a little more variety in lighting, the ceiling lights are good but I would throw in some desk lamps or flood lights maybe just to get more dramatic shots with light coming in from a lower angle. Could have a ceiling light broken off from the ceiling and just dangling by the cable? Either way great stuff!
    Desk lamps is good idea, but I have huge lights on the ceiling, then It was necessary to do broken, or do more small size.
    Thanks for advice Bedrock!