Home Technical Talk

Creating realistic 3D human model ready for garment application through phone photos

devson
null
Offline / Send Message
devson null
Hi everyone,

I'm working on a project, and am stuck on a few things: 

1) I'm trying to create a realistic 3D avatar through applying texture taken from phone photos onto a mannequin-like OBJ file (this would have a similar shape to the person).

2) I am then trying to make the model ready for garment application, so whatever information it needs to drape clothing onto - e.g. in MD you ideally require a bounding volume, arrangement points & measurements?

Here are the issues/process:

1) Though the 3D Mannequin generated as approximately the right body shape without hair or clothes, it doesn't take into account things like facial features - the face shape/jaw line, nose shape, ears, etc 

2) How do you then take photos of a person through a phone and apply textures of that person onto that 3d mannequin like model

3) Make the model ready for garment drape - by adding all the info like bounding volumes, etc

Now, all of these things need to have an API/Script so that in the future they can be automated - as far as I know MD doesnt allow for this?

Open to other suggestions as to how to get a 3D avatar that looks like the real person through phone photos and then use them as a 'character', onto which you can drape clothing...