Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[WIP] Modular Building assets

JamesRay
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
JamesRay polycounter lvl 5
Greetings!
I have always found procedural and modular workflows interesting so I thought I would do a bit of discovering and give making some modular assets a go. My aim is to make a bunch of low poly building pieces that I can reuse and modify to create more variations. I will be using Substance painter and designer with the aim to make procedural textures and materials for the pieces. I will be using UE4 for the most part to display the work. I am not too worried about the quality of the assets but rather I am really interested in finding a good workflow. I will post my progress here so that anyone who wants to give advice or critiques can drop a comment. Feel free to be forward with critique. 
Thanks in advance!
Find more of my work here https://www.artstation.com/artist/jamesray

Replies

• JamesRay
    Offline / Send Message
    JamesRay polycounter lvl 5
    Update#1
    So I ran some tests for making some pieces and I was quite happy with the results. This is around the quality I'm probably going to aim for as I don't have too much time in the day to invest into this experiment but I think it will be good enough to make a scene using these assets once its done.
     Ignore the lack of a door I will be making doors and new windows later so that I can mix and match doors, windows and building pieces for more variation. Also what is the best way to keep these posts organised, easy to follow and should I consider keeping the image sizes lower?