Home Adobe Substance

Need some help with a substance effect

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
Simon_____ polycounter lvl 5
Hello, im quite new to substance and i was wondering how would i go about texturing this type of blade, the hard light part

Replies

• rexo12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 interpolator
    Well this particular material is quite easy (you could probably do it with shader parameters alone). What renderer are you using? In substance I'd just paint the emissive part by adding an emissive channel to the textureset and painting the edges normally (with an emissive value, of course), and make the inner blade a flat perfectly rough blue. In your renderer use an opacity shader, use a constant opacity value set to whatever looks best, and maybe multiply the emissive a bit. That should do it. If needed you can also mask off the edges so that the opacity doesn't affect the emissive sections.
  • Simon_____
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    im currently using iray in substance, on the next marmoset sale i will be getting that, i'll give it a go thanks 
  • rexo12
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 interpolator
    @Simon_____
    Oooh.. you're using the built in renderer. I was assuming you'd be using marmoset or unreal, sorry. In that case I think you can probably add an opacity channel to the textureset to, and do it the same way, but i'm not sure what kind of opacity Substance Iray supports.
  • oraeles77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
    im currently using iray in substance, on the next marmoset sale i will be getting that, i'll give it a go thanks 
    how do you add the background to your render?
  • Simon_____
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    rexo12 said:
    @Simon_____
    Oooh.. you're using the built in renderer. I was assuming you'd be using marmoset or unreal, sorry. In that case I think you can probably add an opacity channel to the textureset to, and do it the same way, but i'm not sure what kind of opacity Substance Iray supports.
    ah ok, i'll try to figure something out, i am going to get marmoset at some point just cant afford it yet

oraeles77 said:
    how do you add the background to your render?
    background? if you are referring to the image in the original post that is not my work, if you wanted to achieve that id probably just render with no background and overlay in photoshop