Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Donnolus

donnolus
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
donnolus polycounter lvl 2
Hello, hello, welcome to my place! Make yourself at home, pull up a chair while I round up my work.

In here I hope to document my development as an environment artist. Now, time to get working!

Comments and critique are definitely welcome and appreciated.

Replies

• donnolus
    Offline / Send Message
  • donnolus
    Offline / Send Message
    I seem to have accidentally deleted the post that had my work. Meaning editing in mobile will not be a good option.  bah, well here we go again.

-WIP Cove level-

This one is a bit of an ambitious project for me since it's the first time I do a level and especially something this big. I went in mostly blind to how Unreal4 and level design should work and learned quite a bit about my limitations along way. At first was I overwhelmed with the idea of having large meshes, like the ones that compose the cliff faces, because I had no idea if it was an acceptable thing to have them or how to even texture these monstrosities properly, I still have my doubts on how to make them look decent but I'll get there eventually!

Funnily enough after looking around the internet for answers it seemed like most everyone is winging it to some extent, so here we go.

Also, there were many more iterations of the level than there are screenshots but I think this pretty much captures what it's gone through up until now.

• donnolus
    Offline / Send Message
    It's been around three months since Irma and Maria struck Puerto Rico, three months of no electricity, three months that I won't be getting back and boy have they sucked. That being said, I'm here and I'm slowly picking myself back up as power has been restored to my town recently. I'll get back in full swing after a week or so I think as I am very rusty atm and opening up Blender, Zbrush or Unreal feels weird yet familiar at the same time right now. Anyways, just wanted to have y'all updated and all that. Now its time to get myself reacquainted with my old workflow. Wish me luck!
  • donnolus
    Offline / Send Message
    Some hard surface/ rendering practice in blender. Scaling back in project size so that I can finish them in less than a few days or weeks.  :)