Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Fighting scene need feedback

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Tybalt polycounter lvl 3
Hi everybody, i want to share with you my animation to collect different critical opinions to correct it. I tried to recreate a gif that I have with Jin & Joe
Thank you for you advice
https://www.syncsketch.com/sketch/170256/#210962

Replies

• Tybalt
    Offline / Send Message
    Tybalt polycounter lvl 3
    Thanks for your advice. Maybe if another people have another tips :)
  • HeXiFy
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    I added some comments in there. It's a pretty cool animation, some of the comments left will make it pop more. The biggest issue really is the camera movements. It's moving way too quick and makes me dizzy just trying to look at it and focus on the first action shots. When she grabs him by the neck, add in some drag to her wrist and his movements. He's as flat as a board when he's flying through the air. 
  • Tybalt
    Offline / Send Message
    Tybalt polycounter lvl 3
    Thank you, i will tried to apply your advice :)
  • HeXiFy
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    No problem, we all need someone else's eye 
  • Forever
    Offline / Send Message
    Forever polycounter lvl 3
    Hexify (and anyone else that commented) did a great job. Just thought I'd throw a few other things your way. I do want to echo the camera though, that's important to fix up, perhaps the most important thing that you want to fix. 

Other than that: 
    - The punch at frame 12 needs some follow through. It stops abruptly which loses a lot of the built up force as you go into the next punch. Just one extra frame of follow through is enough. 

- The punch going into frame 16 needs less time. Sort of. Basically what I'm trying to say is. Your punch has 4 frames of build up, a contact pose and then it goes super fast over a long period of time. You hit something like a face, your arm isn't going to speed up, it's more likely to slow down. You've got a (relatively) slow moving arm that speeds up on contact and that strikes me as odd. 

- Someone already said it, but a contact pose is super important on the knee strike. You've got one on the first two punches, so nice job of that one. But you're going into slow motion after, it just doesn't feel great without one. 

- Your lady is very stiff on the upper body when she is doing the throw. Give her some bend!

Again, whoever did the syncsketch feedback did really well haha. Didn't leave me much else to have a look at. I want to echo that you have a good start and I think any of your timing (which I think you've done a pretty good job with) problems could be sorted out by having another look at the camera. 

So yeah, great start! Keep it up!
  • Tybalt
    Offline / Send Message
    Tybalt polycounter lvl 3