Kimba, The White Lion - Original Intro - Full CGI Fan Project SozoDigital 2017

null
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
Takezo null

Hi all,

please check out my latest animation project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1c6SX2M8E

Unthinkable to have completed this without ZBrush. I'll post some breakdown images and ZB screenshots etc later.
Please let me know what you think and consider subscribing to my Youtube Channel. There will be more to come, including tutorials!

Cheers!

PS: Also , be sure to check out the original version:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lQsQqOlPjhs

Replies

• Takezo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Takezo null
    As previously announced, here are a few images:

Kimba: Basemesh to Fibermesh guides and intial texture render test without fur

Bucky: Basemesh to Fibermesh guides

Wild Dog: Basemesh to Fibermesh guides

Wild Dog Shave Fur Test Maya

Kimba Animal Cast ZB

Rock Formation ZB Basemesh to Max Test Render with Forest Pack

Dead Tree Breakdown: ZB Basemesh to Maya Test Render

Almost everything is rendered with VRay Maya/Max except for some nParticle stuff done with Mental Ray.

Cheers!
  • Green_Cheek_Conure
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Green_Cheek_Conure polycounter lvl 2
    This is really remarkable! You'r love in the show really showed threw your work.
  • HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5
    For the most part it looked good, however the animations for everything seemed too flat... The head is only going up and down, when it should be dragging and having arcs
  • Takezo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Takezo null
    This is really remarkable! You'r love in the show really showed threw your work.
    Thank you very much! :)
    HeXiFy said:
    For the most part it looked good, however the animations for everything seemed too flat... The head is only going up and down, when it should be dragging and having arcs

Thank you very much for your comment and critique. It's well noted and kept in mind for future projects. :)

Cheers!
  • Dezmond
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Dezmond polycounter lvl 3
    The Kimba Model is adorable. It's great. Better than the original.
    Where I am critical of it, is when the original animation does a bad job with animation, and then you just copied it, in 3D.
  • Takezo
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Takezo null
    Dezmond said:
    The Kimba Model is adorable. It's great. Better than the original.
    Where I am critical of it, is when the original animation does a bad job with animation, and then you just copied it, in 3D.

Thank you very much for the compliments and well justified critique.

I did copy the old animation intentionally thinking I needed to match that animation to capture the feel of the original. That's exactly one of the experiments that I believe failed. Well, lesson learned for coming projects. Thanks a lot again for pointing that out, re-confirming my own thoughts. Its very much appreciated. :)

Cheers!