Home Technical Talk

OH NOOOOOO ~~~~~~~ Windows update caused programs to lag.

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
tekkoontan polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys, so yesterday windows updated my computer, now everything is extremely laggy, especially my Maya, I need to use it for work and im super worried right now.

I turn on Nier: Automata, just to see i games are affected too... so the first loading screen takes like 5 minutes to finish normally it takes 10 seconds.

I need someone to help me fix this. I have deadlines and stuffs.

P/S: i uninstalled the update but the problem still persist.

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    Never, ever allow automatic updates of software and OS on a machine that your work depends on. This is pretty much Rule Number 1 ...

No security fix (which, by definition, comes after the spread of a threat anyways) is worth risking losing your time, work and money.

But besides that : sorry to hear, I hope you'll find a way to fix it. Once you get it resolved you may want to start looking into stuff like DeepFreeze or similar ways to 100% lock your workstation against unwanted changes.
  • RN
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    RN sublime tool
    Look into doing a System Restore. Hopefully you'll have a restore point to some day before the update happened.
  • R3D
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    R3D interpolator
    update your graphics drivers and double check nothing is running the background stealing all of your cpu memory and ram