Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Hey, this is a new scene practice,forest,from UE4 ,i will continue to update my art assets here unt

yongheWang
polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
yongheWang polycounter lvl 5

At the beginning, I was thinking about what kind of scene I needed to make.    Every scene for me I need to reach a few things;
1 a new challenge
2 can get more knowledge
3 try new processes, apply to the project.

I really like koooolalala works     www.youtube.com/user/koooolalala Here you can go and watch some of his videos.

www.artstation.com/artist/z18458776   This is my personal work and you can see that I have a lot of exercises that belong to small objects and small scenes. In the past three years, I have produced a sandbox game. There are a lot of scenes to challenge. But those who can not be my personal works.     The meaning of personal works is that you usually do not touch in the work of some things, probably because the PS4 / xboxone limited, or limited projects and so on.

In the past project, I used to use Quixel's megascans material library. They are really great, though very expensive.     So this time I will still use megascans, as my basic terrain material and environmental material.    
megascans.se   you can see their homepage here.

I have several ways to find inspiration for    

www.artstation.com    works by global artists 
:) 

www.flickr.com             great photo sharing site

Www.pinterest.com            material and similar map search site  B)

Megaascans now have a lot of good material, but more of a forest part. Scene exercises do not mean you have to do a very big work. Really used to be able to complete in a limited time, and learn enough knowledge

So I started from the forest scene, I found a lot of reference map. But please note that the reference map is not what you need to see good to retain, valuable reference map is in your mind to form a unified concept, their hue, composition, and even time lighting effects will be consistent

And the rest I call the detail reference diagram,   (My English is not very good, please forgive me.) :'(

At the beginning of the production, I would use a basic role model to scale.

Then I need to get the size of the 1m range and the basic reference to the 2M size.

And a basic lighting test scenario to allow my material to work correctly in different environments.