Home Technical Talk

[Zbrush] Can't figure out insert mesh w/curves

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Ozz14 polycounter lvl 4
Hey guys,
I'm going off this tutorial that seems to be the go-to method for streamlined game ready hair from zbrush http://www.3dartistonline.com/news/2015/04/how-do-i-create-real-time-hair-for-games/

I'm stuck at configuring the insert mesh brush using curves. The WeldPoints button under geometry is just not working 100 percent no matter how close I get. The goal is to draw out curves of squares for the alphas that can all be welded, then use autogroups to give them all their own polygroup.I have the weld distance at 100 and the brush size of pretty much equals the size of one square. Curve res and max bend angle from the brush modifiers settings are all the way up. I can get the beginning and end nodes to connect to their adjacent meshes, but the ones in the middle never connect. I've been banging my head against this and am hoping someone else familiar with this method has any ideas or workarounds.

This is what I mean with the middle node not connecting. Notice the space in the middle of the orange polygroup. weldpoints button doesn't work on it.

Heres what happens when I use autogroups. From what I understand what should be happening is every strand should have its own group. instead its all over the place

Replies