Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Do You think my crab model mesh is OK ?

mhskull
null
Offline / Send Message
mhskull null
Hi guys, do you  think my crab model wiresframe is OK ? and Can i rig with this mesh ?
here is the model
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B8A27Qv4j6aOWGwxazl0d3lqMGc

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    You could try doing a quick dirty rig and see if it deforms even remotely within acceptable ranges. Shouldn't take too long, just a 3 bone chain
  • Ashervisalis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    I would suggest a closer view of the crab, that'd help us to more carefully scrutinize your edge flow! The bottom of the crab seems a bit unnatural, but I can't really tell how flat the bottom is. The posable part of the crab claw (the thumb part) might cause you trouble, it looks like it needs more polys to be able to bend. I think you should also look at how that part of the claw connects (use reference). Are you going to texture it?
  • mhskull
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mhskull null
    I would suggest a closer view of the crab, that'd help us to more carefully scrutinize your edge flow! The bottom of the crab seems a bit unnatural, but I can't really tell how flat the bottom is. The posable part of the crab claw (the thumb part) might cause you trouble, it looks like it needs more polys to be able to bend. I think you should also look at how that part of the claw connects (use reference). Are you going to texture it?
    yeah i will texture it and rig it
    i also uploaded closer view and model link download,