Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

First creation, need advice

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Notink polycounter lvl 6
Hi there ! 

I'm totally new on Polycount. I decided to register cause in two months I will join a school of multimedia and I thought that it might be a good idea to share what I will model. This is my first work on ZBrush and I really need advice to improve myself. if you could also recommend some tutorials or topics it will be great !

For this 3D modeling I did some sketches before using ZBrush. I only did the bust cause I'm not really at ease at the moment with the modeling of an entire body.  I imagined it as a marine creature, but it will be more visible when the body will be finished.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    Choose a concept and recreate it.  Otherwise, you need to pitch to us and clarfy for yourself what the exact nature of this concept is.  The only thing telling me that this creature is aquatic is fins, but you have more opportunity to make it more interesting.
  • Notink
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Notink polycounter lvl 6
    Thanks for your answer, I will redraw it and then I will try to model all the body. I will post it when it will be finish.
  • Toafaloaf
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Toafaloaf polycounter lvl 6
    I like the idea for the mouth. I have difficulty seeing marine creature in it aswell. Try using different alphas in zbrush for different types of scales perhaps. Maybe some gills. Subtleties is the key for fine details. Multiple Layers on the skin. Use layers in zbrush in the tools pallette to adjust the intensity of details in each layers. There is also free sets of brushes you can find online. Look for the Orb brush set. Curious to know what your going to do for the eyes. Happy modelling! :)