Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mech Engineer (Realtime Character)

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
rohitsinghbhui polycounter lvl 9
I started working on this Character last year, using Changwoolee concept and various other references, i am giving up working on this one now
Used Zbrush for Sculpting Hardsurface and the Character, Maya for Retopology and hair cards, Substance painter for texturing and Marmoset for Presentation, Thanks to Andrew Averkin for his alpha Brushes

Turntable
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SSqBa8Y9oO4

Reference Board

Replies

• Kiyamlol
    Offline / Send Message
    Kiyamlol polycounter lvl 12
    the sculpt looks really awesome! Especially like the interrogation of the bio mechanical arm. I am also working on a character with something like that. Really nice iteration here.

Is this with marmoset 3? I feel you can make the skin look better though. It looks papery and reminds me of crushed material rather than skin.

Maybe less micro noise or adjust the effect of SSS on your shader. It really bugs me right now :/

Impressive sculpting ;)
  • rohitsinghbhui
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey Thanks dude for the feedbacks, really appreciate it.. yeah... u r right my skin sucks, i m not good at it but i m gonna keep this in mind for my next project..Thanks Again
    yes its Marmoset
  • Jarran
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran polycounter lvl 11
    really nice, good job! the detailing on the arm is awesome. i have to agree with what @Kiyamlol says about the skin though unfortunately, the noisiness of the skin is the one thing letting this down atm
  • rohitsinghbhui
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran said:
    really nice, good job! the detailing on the arm is awesome. i have to agree with what @Kiyamlol says about the skin though unfortunately, the noisiness of the skin is the one thing letting this down atm
    Thanks Jarran, yeah i totally agree with his critic, skin needs improvement