Home Freelance Job Postings

3D Characters Needed - Warrior, Mage and Thief

gamecreator
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
gamecreator polycounter lvl 6
I need the 3 stereotypical characters for a fantasy game I'm working on as a hobby, in the "realistic" style of Assassin's Creed.  As I don't have a studio's budget, I'm willing to license existing characters from an artist.  I've looked at buying these from the various 3D stores but I've never found all 3 in that style from one artist (at a "reasonable" price).  Thanks for your time.

Replies

• kolti1309
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kolti1309 null
    What is reasonable price for you per 1 character?
  • gamecreator
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gamecreator polycounter lvl 6
    I see a lot of nice individual characters for $50 - $100 on sites like Turbosquid.  For licensing/purchase, I think that price range is reasonable.
  • almighty_gir
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    almighty_gir ngon master
    The reason you're likely unable to find three characters all from the same artist that follow the same style, is that unless it's been made for a specific game where there is a set style, the artist will be experimenting with each new piece, and/or trying to show that they can work in a variety of styles in their portfolio.

I can also understand why you would find those prices reasonable, as a hobbyist. However, those are far below the prices you should expect from artists here, who would charge that kind of money per hour of their time.

What i would probably suggest, is to scour the asset stores of whichever engine you are using. You can usually find some good stuff there.
  • Gladioluslab
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Gladioluslab polycounter lvl 4
    Characters such as in Assassin's Creed begin to cost about $ 1500 for one character. It was information for you to think about. There is a huge difference between a character made to order and a character made for a Turbosquid site, where this character for $ 100 will sell many times.
  • sgtkoolaid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    sgtkoolaid polycounter lvl 11
    yeah, I am going to have to go with Gladio on that expect $1500-2000 easy, for a character of decent high quality. turbosquid is resold continuously a that price so that artist makes up in volume sales. If you want a custom unique character, expect to pay appropriate amount of money. good luck. $50-100 will probably get you 1-3 hours worth of work tops for most artists.