Home Quixel Megascans

Answered: Unable to open reimporter.

JamieMcAndrew
vertex
Hi,

I am having an issue with Quixel, currently running version 2.3.1. I am trying to reimport a colour ID map but am completely unable to open the reimporter. I click on the button that should "Open the reimporter to reconfigure input maps". However, after less than a second everything (excluding photoshop) vanishes and then comes back with the reimporter not opening. The same thing happens if i click the reimporter button again.

Any ideas whats going on and if there is a fix?
Thanks

P.S - i have just reinstalled quixel with no luck. Getting the same results.

Replies

• Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    It's most likely related to having changed your project's location on your drive. Open Project.XML and check all of the paths to ensure that everything points to the location that the project itself and all of its input maps reside in, then fix them if they're incorrect - once you do that, try opening the Reimporter again.
  • JamieMcAndrew
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JamieMcAndrew vertex
    Hey,

i had a look in the Project.XML file. All the texture maps under 'Inputs' all lead to the right location. I couldn't find any locations that weren't linked properly (That i could see anyway).
    Any other suggestions? 
    If it makes things easier i can send you the project file.

Thanks 
  • Synaesthesia
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Synaesthesia polycounter
    If you could, send a link to download the project to support@quixel.se and ask to have it elevated to Sameer, our Suite programmer. He'll be able to take a look at this one for you.