Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Respawn Challenge WIP

triangle
Offline / Send Message
edlucas3rd triangle
Hey everyone, so one of the ideas I had was a parody of Miley's wrecking ball song. The one thing I've been struggling with is coming up with ideas that are fun to watch. Below is just a couple of poses to get the idea across. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=06ERq6QnND0

Replies

• AGoodFella
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AGoodFella polycounter lvl 5
    Cool. The first thought that immediately came to my head is what if the ball comes swinging in from the right side and then as it swings to the left side, it goes slightly out of view, the cam shakes and as the ball comes to a rest, the cam trucks over and we see the character completely flat against the wall, smushed and squashed and then she slides down the wall.

Or maybe she is a thief and she sees an object she wants to steal in a building across from her and she swings in but the cable snaps and she ends up rolling down a hill with the ball.

I don't know, you could probably watch some road runner cartoons and come up with something better.

EDIT:

Wait, this is for the re-spawn challenge, ignore everything above. Damn, I'm stupid.

You could do a simple swing in and she does a fancy somersault in the air as she lands. Could still be good if animated well.

Maybe take the first idea and as she slides down the wall, she brushes off herself off and gets into her game ready pose.

Or maybe do a surprise. Have the ball swing in without the character and have it swing to a rest. And all of a sudden, the ball shatters and our hero jumps out of it and lands in her ready pose.

• edlucas3rd
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    edlucas3rd triangle
    Hey man I appreciate the help! I definitely could push the idea and appreciate your input! Best of luck!!

AGoodFella said:
    Cool. The first thought that immediately came to my head is what if the ball comes swinging in from the right side and then as it swings to the left side, it goes slightly out of view, the cam shakes and as the ball comes to a rest, the cam trucks over and we see the character completely flat against the wall, smushed and squashed and then she slides down the wall.

Or maybe she is a thief and she sees an object she wants to steal in a building across from her and she swings in but the cable snaps and she ends up rolling down a hill with the ball.

I don't know, you could probably watch some road runner cartoons and come up with something better.

EDIT:

Wait, this is for the re-spawn challenge, ignore everything above. Damn, I'm stupid.

You could do a simple swing in and she does a fancy somersault in the air as she lands. Could still be good if animated well.

Maybe take the first idea and as she slides down the wall, she brushes off herself off and gets into her game ready pose.

Or maybe do a surprise. Have the ball swing in without the character and have it swing to a rest. And all of a sudden, the ball shatters and our hero jumps out of it and lands in her ready pose.