Home Adobe Substance

I am looing for a webpage which features lots of different recepies for different graphs in SD.

polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
ideally just screen shots of different graphs showing the various techniques.

for me, the thing I have trouble with is paint on metal,  I get really confused. the metal is a metallic substance, but the paint itself isnt metalic, its a plastic, so if anyone could give some advice on that one it would be a big help.

Replies

• CrackRockSteady
    I'm not sure if there is a website that just has screenshots of graphs, but you can browse a library of free Substances on Allegorithmic's Substance Share site:  https://share.allegorithmic.com/

Many of these materials can be opened in Substance Designer so you can step through the graph and see how people have set up their materials.

Edit:  As for your question about painted metal, you're basically going to need to create 2 separate sections in your graph, one section will be your base/metal, the other section will be your paint.  You'll then mask between these for all of your outputs (Metallic/roughness/albedo etc).  Anywhere you have chips or scratches on the paint and you want the metal to show through you will mask the paint portion to reveal the metal.
  • oraeles77
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oraeles77 polycounter lvl 4
    I'm not sure if there is a website that just has screenshots of graphs, but you can browse a library of free Substances on Allegorithmic's Substance Share site:  https://share.allegorithmic.com/

Many of these materials can be opened in Substance Designer so you can step through the graph and see how people have set up their materials.

Edit:  As for your question about painted metal, you're basically going to need to create 2 separate sections in your graph, one section will be your base/metal, the other section will be your paint.  You'll then mask between these for all of your outputs (Metallic/roughness/albedo etc).  Anywhere you have chips or scratches on the paint and you want the metal to show through you will mask the paint portion to reveal the metal.
    rather than just taking other people's work, i would rather try to learn their workflow.
  • leleuxart
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    leleuxart polycounter lvl 10
    oraeles77 said:

rather than just taking other people's work, i would rather try to learn their workflow.
    That's why the second paragraph suggested you look at their graph :smile: Nothing wrong with looking at someone's graph to get an idea on how to approach something. Since it's all procedural, there are usually multiple ways to go about getting an effect, but figuring out how to break it down to basic elements is, in my opinion, the hardest thing about the workflow.

If you have the subscription, you can also look at the official Allegorithmic materials on Source. Not everything has the .sbs format though. Same goes for Share actually, so some things you download might not have a graph for you to look at.