Home Technical Talk

Zbrush Dynamesh Master too low polycount

Peksio
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Peksio polycounter lvl 4
Hello. I have a problem with Zbrush Dynamesh Master. With some of my models Zbrush is dynameshing with too low polycount. Even if I set polycount to 10kk I sometimes end up with mesh with 2 - 3 kk poly and I can see with my bare eye that it is too low xd

How can I make Zbrush Dynamesh Master to generate more polygons if this slider doesn't work ?

Thanks and Cheers !

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range
    What's 10kk? The lowest DM can be set is 100k (maybe this is what you mean by 10kk) I use it all the time and it's accurate to within usually 20k or so. If I need it higher I just set it higher. I'm not sure what your issue really is. Just set it higher.
  • Peksio
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Peksio polycounter lvl 4
    Sorry, My 1 kk i mean 1k of k and that is 1 000 000 ;p
  • Kyetja
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Kyetja polycounter lvl 7
    If you've already Dynameshed your object and the polycount is too low you can just subdivide it once, that'll do no harm as the topology is already remeshed.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    Dynamesh relies on the scale of an object. If you are modelling with something imported into ZB from soft like Max, the model will be 100 times the scale it would be in ZB. You can try the dynamesh master under the plugins menu That will give you a model of around 10 mil polys. You could also hit the unify button in the deform pallet under the tool menu. But I dont know what you are modelling.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    Are you sure you don't mean Decimation master? If you do, I find the poly slider is pretty accurate generally.

If you do mean dynamesh, I find that the slider isn't really a direct polycount slider. Mesh scales effects it, etc. Have yet to really figure out a good way to predict how it will look, before dividing it.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @joopson OP is using the Dynamesh master plugin. It's different to native DM in that you can set the target in polygons  and it isn't scale dependant, as it automatically scales the mesh up/down behind the scenes. I have been using the plugin exclusively over native DM for several years. Arseing around with the regular DM fiddly slider, trying to guess the res always gave me headaches.
  • Joopson
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Joopson quad damage
    @musashidan Oh, interesting! I hadn't heard of it. Seems like it must be much better than the default.
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @joopson yes, it's much more sensible and predictable. Plus it doesn't have the ctrl swipe to remesh feature which is also a bonus.