Home Adobe Substance

best way to achieve weapon scopes?

Hi i;ve just modelled a weapon scope and i was wondering how on earth i would go about texturing the lens to create something to this effect

Replies

• DRoss3d
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    DRoss3d polycounter lvl 6
    Here's how I would approach something like this. Just know that it's not technically PBR accurate. 

First, before exporting your low poly, make sure that the lens has it's own material assigned to it. This is very important.
    When you import your mesh into painter make sure the material stack looks like something like this:

The blinn in this example is the material that I've assigned to the lens.

Next in the texture set settings add an opacity channel.

Next, in the Viewer Settings, change the shader to PBR-Metal-Rough-With-Alpha-Blending.

Then create a fill layer and set the opacity to around .5 (If you want to look through the scope), the Metallic to 1 and Roughness to 0. 

From there you can set it to whichever color you want the lens to be. You can add other colors by creating another fill layer and disabling all the channels but the color. You can then control the areas the second color covers by using a black/white mask and some procedurals to achieve something like this.

• simondudley21
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    thats fantastic thank you so much