Home Technical Talk

Wireshape - The 3D Scanned Assets Stock is Looking for Private Beta Testers

null
Offline / Send Message
ingrid null

Hello Polycounters, 

I'd like to report to community that Wireshape is currently selecting participants for its Private Beta Program. Over the last few years our lab has been developing a new 3D scanning process to ensure a high level of accuracy to the real object and now we're wanting to hear you.

Created for provide a high quality web stock of 3D scanned models for extreme closeups, Wireshape arrived to become a fast and accurate solution for customers who need high-fidelity 3D data. 

At this stage of private beta we are looking for testers for our online stock functionality as well as for the 3D scanned models. So, if you want to be one of the first to test pre-release products, offer your feedback, get gifts and special discounts, request an invite to beta here: https://wireshape.net/soon/

To ensure high-end quality and the level of details in both VFX and Real-time productions without loss of performance, we have adopted two distribution standards: Real-Time - for Game, VR and AR with low poly mesh, normal map and 2-4k textures; and Extreme Definition - for Film, TV, VFX and 3D Print, with 6 subdivision levels mesh, displacement map and up to 16k textures.

No additional plugin/application is required to download or use the assets. The files will be available for simple download in standard industry formats, including obj, fbx, ztl with subdivision levels and color/displacement/normal maps. You just must have a basic knowledge in 3D game development or experience in CGI animation softwares.

Wireshape is formed by 3D community members for 3D community members and is here to help boost the game development, the vfx and all CGI production. That's why your feedback is very important and very welcome. You can request your invitation at: https://wireshape.net/soon/

p.s. thanks to EarthQuake for kindly granting and encouraging me to publish this thread here to open the discussion with the Polycount community. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QmpSFkhXDpI

Replies

• EarthQuake
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cool! I have a few questions.

What map types does your service offer? Just a standard normal/displacement/albedo, or also gloss/roughness, specular/metalness, etc?

Can you post an image sharing what the various maps look like?

Are you focusing on 3D objects or will you do tiling textures as well?

• ingrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ingrid null
    Hi EarthQuake,

Thanks for the questions.

We are focused on providing only scanned 3D models with two different delivery standards:

1 - Real-Time - for Game, VR and AR with low poly mesh, color map, normal map and 2-4k textures.

2 - Extreme Definition - for Film, TV, VFX and 3D Print, with 6 or 7 subdivision levels ztool mesh, color map, displacement map and up to 16k textures.

Note that with ztool file (for ZBrush users) you may have the flexibility to generate a lot of different maps, formats and mesh or texture resolutions.

We intend to deliver specular maps among others in the near future.

Here are some pictures that will help you understand what we will deliver:

Normal / Displacement / Color

UV 

SudD Level 1 Wireframe

Flat Shader Render

SudD Level 6 - Real Geometry with Millions of Polygons

• Neox
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Neox veteran polycounter
    are the game ready meshes also zremeshed like the highpoly basemesh? What polycounts are we talking? Are LODs included in your Lowpoly package?
  • |Buddy|
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    |Buddy| polycounter lvl 11
    Seems like you guys are going for a very similar thing to what I've been preoccupied with recently :)

You can check it out here: https://www.textures.com/browse/3d-objects/114553 

Good luck with your project! Scanning at really high quality is hard work :)
  • ingrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ingrid null
    Neox said:
    are the game ready meshes also zremeshed like the highpoly basemesh? What polycounts are we talking? Are LODs included in your Lowpoly package?
    Hi Neox,

Yes, in RT edition we will deliver mesh based on quads in FBX and OBJ formats.

The bread model above has about 2k polygons in RT package. Of course, it is possible to vary considerably according to the shape of each object to maintain the balance between the details and mesh density.

RT edition deliver a mesh density, which we consider to be suitable for most projects. However, if the project needs higher texture resolutions and different mesh densities, ED edition is very flexible and fits completely into game designs.

It would be nice to see you in our private beta, everyone who is accepted will earn 50 dollars to acquire assets and try it on their projects.

Cheers!
  • musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range

When I first saw the bread I thought it was a xenomorph alien egg....then I remembered that this is a thread on scanning. :)

A perfect case of art imitating life imitating art.

is the beta still open?

• ingrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ingrid null

When I first saw the bread I thought it was a xenomorph alien egg....then I remembered that this is a thread on scanning. :)

A perfect case of art imitating life imitating art.

is the beta still open?

I had not seen it in the shape of an alien egg. But if we look at this without textures, I see that you are right.

Yes, there is still time to apply for beta.

Cheers!