Home Technical Talk

Blend shapes from Maya LT change names in Unity

dok
dok

I created several blend shapes for my model. Some of them from scratch, some of them by merging other blend shapes. After export in .fbx names of some blend shapes changed.

I imported this model fbx to Unity and to Maya LT and in both I got the same result. Some of blend shapes (not all of them) had different names. The changed blend shapes were named like: " No name (0)", "No name (1)", etc. Or the name was from an another blend shape but the blend shape resulted in a different animation, for example when I had a blend shapes with angry face, it was named "blink" which should indicate eye blink, not angry face.

Does someone know what is wrong?

I noticed that when I export a model with blend shapes and some of the blend shapes were made by merging, for example two other blend shapes then the resulting one from merging will have "No name (0)" name.

I also noticed that when I export only the blend shape resulted by merging other blend shapes and then import it to the same scene with my model everything will be ok after export to Unity. Names won't change...