Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Mystical Desert Robot Concepts

null
Hello! I originally made these 3D models just as concept art for a world I'm building and will eventually do something with hopefully, but now I'm considering pursuing 3D modelling further. That being said, I decided to post them here for critique. More detail after the images, for the curious.

Okay, now for some context! I don't want to bog anyone down with a wall of lore (which I could easily provide if anyone is interested), but I'll give a brief overview.

I have named the creature you see above an Anicorem. It is one of many, making up a semi-nomadic society stretching across a vast desert. They excavate enormous, ancient landfills, and refine steel, plastic, and anaerobic sludge to then shape into bodies, houses, and tools. Their steel frames are animated by a highly advanced, solar-powered, semi-silicate polymer supercomputer, extending from their hips into their skulls. They call this band of technoplastic the Thread, and it's a unique and sacred thing. To lose one's Thread is to lose one's life, but to lose an arm is an annoying inconvenience.

I could go on, and tell me if I should, but I'll leave it at that for easy digestion. Please, tell me what you think. Critique the models, the renders, and the post, I want all the feedback I can get. 

A few extra technical notes: I use Fusion 360 for my modelling and rendering needs, and currently I have very little control over texturing. I'd like to change that, but for now, I'm using built-in textures for the models.