Home Unreal Engine

Two questions about blueprints.

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Spode polycounter lvl 3

Hi!

For project of mine, ive been creating a shooting range level of sorts in UE4. Functionally similar to how the training level in Call of Duty 4 worked. So far I have all of the blueprints I want in bar two. With these two, im not sure how to approach them (Im pretty new with blueprinting) So if anyone could give some advice or point me to where I can go to get this information id be very thankful, ive tried searching myself and haven't found what I need.

- Major one: Essentially, I want to have a system where there is a door, and in order to unlock this door the player needs to shoot all the targets in the specific room. Once they have all been destroyed the door will then open.

- Second one: I have this one setup so it does the job, but im not happy with it, as it is a simple print string job that ends when the player reaches the end of the level, and I think It could be better. I essentially want it so that the player reaches a box trigger, it triggers either a print string or HUD timer that continuously increases until the player reaches another trigger that deactivates the timer and displays the final time for a few seconds.

Any advice and help would be much appreciated, this seems like a nooby question but im not that great at BP's and im still trying to wrap my head around them.

Replies

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    First one:

You could have a specific door actor with an array of enemies, exposed, so you can set it on the instances. And you could trigger the door opening after the array length became 0 (all dead). So you would remove an enemy from this array when he died. 

Second one I don't fully understand what are you trying to achieve.
  • Spode
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Spode polycounter lvl 3

Cheers for the advice,

For the second it would mean a stopwatch timer activating and becoming visible in the top of the screen after being activated by a box trigger, and would continue to count upwards until the player reaches a second box trigger which stops the timer and displays the final time on screen for a few seconds.

• Obscura
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Obscura grand marshal polycounter
    I see. You can have a function that updates the counter in every second. Then you can use set timer by function name, and pause timer by function name to start and stop it. To have it nicely displaying, you can make a widget and display it through that.