Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Kel'Thuzad Fan Art

hidar
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
hidar polycounter lvl 2

The frozen hearth of Naxxramas await you !

Hey, it's a little personnal project done with zbrush, 3dsmax, substance painter and render with Arnold

Comments and critics are welcome !

Artstation link : https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1G6kL

Replies

• alexrc
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    alexrc interpolator
    Looks great man. My only critique would be maybe putting a little more detail into the texture of the tusks so that they stand out a bit more. At first I didn't see them
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    That skull doesn't look interesting.  It needs more interesting forms and definitions.  My distant read of the skull is that it's just this turbsmoothed mesh.

Descent design with the upper torso armor.

The dress wrinkles are mushy looking.  They don't look  realistici or stylistically clear.  I recommend using Marvelous designer, or spending more time on scukpting the wrinkles.

Solid lighting set up.
  • HeXiFy
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    HeXiFy polycounter lvl 5

Looks pretty cool. Keep working on it man, I would setup more detail in the rib case as it looks like just grey cylinders.. The wrinkles in the cloth like Brian said need to be more refined, and the bottom of it looks too even. There's no wrinkles at all, or rips and tears... The cloth should tell a story just like he does by standing there. Is it old, is it worn?

Are the hand wraps supposed to be that loose? It looks like the right arm wrap is more closer to the hand than the left one where It's more wide open. Maybe add more details to the skull and horns, it looks too smooth right now. Also, the finger tips vary from one hand to the other... The left hand kind of has long shiny nails while the right hand just looks like long and pointed fingers. And this just may be a design flaw from the reference concept art, but where are the chains coming from? It just kind of blends in together at his waist

Last but not least, is the spine supposed to be that thick? Doesn't look that thickness would match the proportions.

but anyway, it looks good. I like the cloud of blue added in that's synonymous with almost every skeleton NPC from Blizzard ;)

• hidar
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    hidar polycounter lvl 2
    Ok, thanks for all your critics that really helpfull for me, i will try to improve this model and repost my new version :) !