Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Nuclear Dinosaur - WIP

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
EEEnt_OFFICIAL polycounter lvl 2
I'm currently working on a mid-poly irradiated dinosaur; a nod to Godzilla and similar 50s monsters. Quite generic as far as the design goes but that's what I intended; its simplicity has charm to it.

I started with a high-poly sculpt created in Blender and recently finished the retopology after using the sculpt as a base. I'm tweaking areas which don't have a proper edge flow. Most of the geometry is located in the face, eyes and hands.

After these tweaks I will UV unwrap, texture paint and rig the model. The mid-poly model is around 6,000 triangles. Elements such as the back plates and the horn on its beak are unattached, meaning they can be enabled or disabled to the user's liking.

My intention for this model is to eventually put it up for download, so it can be used as an asset in a videogame. I have not seen many daikaiju-related videogame assets on the web, which is a shame! Maybe somebody will put it to good use when it is fully complete. If it does well I will consider making some mutant friends for the dinosaur to play with. ;)

Critique is much appreciated!