Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

HK G36c, Low poly, 3 styles

polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Deuflorean polycounter lvl 7

Hello everyone, would like to share with you one more of my work. Main target of this project – low poly hard-surface training for 3d games. Some weapon part can be easily baked for lower polycount, but i saved quality for marmoset viewer. 
I spent about 60-75 hours on this project, at a calm pace :) Everything is done from scratch in Maya, by real photos. You can check WIP-gif below. I hope that you enjoyed my work! Also I'm glad to hear your thoughts, criticism and any possible feedback, they will help improve my future works. Thanks!

Styles:
1) Standart (3 – 2048x2048) 
2) Urban camo (3 – 2048x2048) 
3) Wasteland (4 – 2048x2048)

Polycount: 
Standart/Urban camo: 14835 faces, 26892 tris, 14682 verts 
Standart/Urban camo (Without 3D bullets in mag): 13155 faces, 24092 tris, 13226 verts 
Wasteland: 18700 faces, 33941 tris, 18621 verts
Wasteland (Without 3D bullets in mag): 15340 faces, 28341 tris, 15709 verts

Artstation link – https://www.artstation.com/artwork/02dzK

Replies

• Ashervisalis
    Offline / Send Message
    Ashervisalis grand marshal polycounter
    Man, the guns look sick. I especially love the version with the flag. Only thing that stood out to me; The flag is held in place by the belts. But the corners of the flag aren't supported by anything. It might look better if the corners hanged down a bit?
  • Deuflorean
    Offline / Send Message
    Man, the guns look sick. I especially love the version with the flag. Only thing that stood out to me; The flag is held in place by the belts. But the corners of the flag aren't supported by anything. It might look better if the corners hanged down a bit?
    Thank you very much for the reply! Oh my god, this is a very correct observation, no idea how i didn't noticed this before, will need to be fixed. Thanks Ashervisalis! :-D
  • Deuflorean
    Offline / Send Message
    Improved cloth a little bit, and also updated some screenshots. It was quite problematic to fix cloth, without re-unwrapping. But I did as I could at this situation. Thanks one more time for great advice Ashervisalis! :-)