Home Freelance Job Postings

Seeking environmental artist for low-poly walls, doors, bridges, etc. (CLOSED)

Hi folks! I represent an indie game studio currently developing a fantasy strategy RPG in Unity. The game is 2.5D, utilizing 2D character sprites in a 3D environment (think Disgaea, Vandal Hearts, Final Fantasy Tactics, etc.)

Most objects in the game are standalone, and will be represented by 2D sprites. However, certain objects are modular; these modular objects need to both lie flat against the ground tiles beneath them and interconnect seamlessly across multiple tiles. Due to the effects of camera perspective, these modular objects must be low-poly 3D.

That's where you come in! I need someone to model these objects and texture them in a way that is visually consistent with the game's 2D sprites. The assets to be created include:

- Wood bridge
- Stone bridge (plus 4 minor variants, each missing chunks out of one of the 4 sides)
- Ice bridge
- Bartop (left edge segment, center segment, and right edge segment, with 1 center variant containing a beer mug)
- Town wall (9 segments)
- Castle wall (9 segments)
- Cave wall (9 segments)
- Wood fence (6 segments)
- Stone fence (6 segments)
- Wood door
- Reinforced, barred wood door
- Steel door
- Wood gate
- Iron gate
- Portcullis

If interested, please email me at sinisterdesign@gmail.com and we will discuss details! Please include links to one or more examples of your low poly environmental work for consideration.

(Note that if this job is completed to our satisfaction, there will be additional paid work for you in this same vein.)

Replies