Home Technical Talk

Need help on picking a digital tablet to buy

axizz31
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
axizz31 polycounter lvl 2
Hello guys, I need a drawing tablet for University, I'm studying 3d modelling so I need one to sculpt at home, I also like to draw but I cant decide which tablet to get, they are all different And I've read about all of them and they all aren't perfect.

Intuos 3d Medium- 

Pros

-Cheap (150€), In theory has everything that is necessary, medium size.
Cones

-1k LoP, very basic pen, 4 buttons, no pen tilt

Intuos Pro Medium (New version)

Pros

-8k LoP, Pen tilt, feels like paper, a bit bigger than regular intuos, eraser, 8 shortcut keys and touch wheel, wireless
Cones

-Nibs wear out fast as fuck (to fix it i need to buy a extra smooth sheet which costs 40€), no softwere supports all the 8k LoP, bad drivers from what i've read. also costs 380€.

Ugee UG-2150

Pros

-22 Inch, full HD, IPS display, 70% adobe sRGB, very bright screen 2 pens, 2k LoP, drawing display, nice stand, costs only 550€, minimal nib wear, good feeback

Cones

-pen has to be charged (once a month or smt), glossy screen, no shortcut keys, has to be sent to china for warranty, somewhat buggy drivers, will barely fit on my desk, drawing on it feels like drawing on glass, not that great contrast

I can afford all of them and I'm sure I would get used to all of them and use them but the way I think about it is this

Intuos 3d, only 150 has the basic tools that are enough for me but the intuos pro has some nice extras things that could be useful but its 380+40 for the seet+10 nibs... If I would add extra 120 I could buy a drawing display, but its chinese brand so it can be annoying with drivers and warranty, it also costs 550€ which is a lot, maybe i will just buy the intuos 3d... and the circle continues. what would you guys recommend? Ill leave a straw pool here so you can vote. thanks

sorry for bad english, mi no spik london