Home Technical Talk

Cavalcade of Mudbox-issues

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Alchemical polycounter lvl 6
Hey everyone. Having massive issues with mudbox for an assignment I have to turn in by tomorrow and I have barely started. Why? The last 2 days have been spent fixing, googling and even contacting IT. The tutor doesn't know and IT aren't sure either.

Assignment is to make a bunch of rocks forming a floor of sorts. We are to export them into mudbox, sculpt high-poly, extract them back as normals and AmbOCC.

1. When sculpting the mesh it won't refresh at all, giving me these streaks of black all across the model, pixels showing the update dotted around the old mesh, if I apply the tool to the entire model eventually it'll go away, until I make another change. I have tried moving computers, re-doing the mesh, creating an entire new scene and starting over. Same issue, always. Persists through different computers as well.

Tried googling the issue and people has had something similar as early as 2006 but no answers have been posted.

2. Cannot change my brush size below 1. Changing clipping planes on the camera made it better but cant change it further as its on 0.01.
Re-scaling the mesh helped if it didn't create massive lag and eventual freezing of the entire desktop (not on other computers.)

Unfortunately, sculpting in Maya causes lag and I'm pretty sure we're not allowed to use maya for the assignment.

So there we are, frustrated as I'm writing this so sorry for any bad explanations.

Sorry for the trouble.

Will be looking into getting ZBrush at home for sure after this.

Replies