Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

PBR Game Model Girl

panicq
null
Offline / Send Message
panicq null
Hi,

This is my last project, a PBR game character made with Blender, Zbrush and Substance Painter. I actually learned a lot about painter with it :)
I hope you'll like it :)

If you want to see more, (wireframe, sketchfab and turns) you can go on my artstation project page:

https://www.artstation.com/artwork/1kQaZ

Panicq

Replies

• Deathstick
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Deathstick polycounter lvl 7
    The model looks nice! Geometry and color choices look good!

One suggestion I have is to maybe give another pass on the roughness/gloss map? It currently kind of looks like everything is covered in the about the same roughness/gloss value, giving off kind of a plastic resin vibe over the model. I'd suggest tweaking the roughness for the different materials on her clothing. E.G. would the jean fabric have the same amount of "shininess" as her brown jacket fabric, metal, plastic polymers, etc. It's not bad or anything though, just don't know if you were deliberately stylizing the material handling to achieve that shiny feel or wanted to push the materials more towards stylized realism so I figured I'd throw in some comments!

It could also be the hair that's throwing me off a bit. Maybe try looking at a few games that handle hair in a similar solid-geometry type way, such as the Sims 4 as an example? I'm not entirely sure but I think their hair is relatively "dry," with an emphasis on highlights in the color map. I know even though you're technically not really supposed to alter specular in a roughness/met workflow like in UE4, that lowering the specular or turning it off completely can help make the colors and value differentiation from the color map stand out more. Or skip all that and try mixing in haircards to make the hair seem a bit less solid?

Hope you don't mind the crit, nice job!