Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

WIP Basemesh Sculpt

GGYUC
vertex
Offline / Send Message
GGYUC vertex
Hi! I started 3D modelling awhile ago, but now i have tons of time to actually learn it so i decided to post on this forum  because it seems like i could learn a lot from this community. So here are two of my (WIP) sculpts. I didn't have a reference when I started but I'm going back through to fix most of the proportions now. I mostly want to know if it looks like I'm going the right way about the sculpting process and if you guys have any tips on the matter. Critiques & Comments are appreciated.

Replies

• Brian "Panda" Choi
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    It's vaguely going in the right direction.  It looks human, that's good haha.

You should block in the rest of the limbs at once.  Work from big picture and forms before you worry about tinier elements like a bellybutton, etc.
  • GGYUC
    Offline / Send Message
    GGYUC vertex
    Thanks, I just collapsed a bunch of edges on the top model, so that brought me back to pretty basic shapes ( my computer also started dying from the polygons lol). And now im fixing the proportions based on some references ill update when im done. Also just FYI im using blender to sculpt, but im pretty sure it has most of the features that Zbrush has.
  • GGYUC
    Offline / Send Message
    GGYUC vertex
    K i Updated the female mesh (which was the top one) im pretty sure the proportions are right and should be a little nicer :) Also some semblance of hands :neutral: