Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

"SharkTank" boss character. First post. Critique welcomed.

null
Hi! I've been trying to make game-art my main focus as a 3D artist and what better way to improve on that than to get some critique from one of the most prestigious game-art communities :smile:

Highpoly is pretty smooth since I planned on adding details like small wrinkles and scratches in SubstancePainter..

Current WIP..

Replies

• Jarran
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Jarran polycounter lvl 11
    Hey dude, lookin great! Unfortunately I think you're losing some of the gnarly anatomy detail youve got going on when you've baked. Particularly around the jaw and forehead. This might be down to your low poly. Lookin forward to where this goes :)
  • ahendrikz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ahendrikz null
    Jarran said:
    Hey dude, lookin great! Unfortunately I think you're losing some of the gnarly anatomy detail youve got going on when you've baked. Particularly around the jaw and forehead. This might be down to your low poly. Lookin forward to where this goes :)
    Thanks! You're right about that disappearing anatomy. It's definitely the low-poly (a crappy zremesh :) ) and the sss. I boosted the normal map here and there where I lost details. I particularly wanted the veins and muscle striations to pop a bit more. 

Used that horrible zremesh low-poly to get comfortable with Headus..