Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Desert Oasis

polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
NinaCammarata polycounter lvl 2
Hey guys, 

I'm starting a new scene that I'd like to share the progress of with you :D. I was a quite late to the Ancient Civilizations party so I wasn't able to participate for the contest but I still wanted to do one of the concept arts from the contest so I'll be creating the Desert Oasis concept by Ryan Andrade https://www.artstation.com/contests/ancient-civilizations/challenges/15/submissions/14152?sorting=popular

I'll be doing this in my free time outside of work so I'll be posting updates periodically. To start off: the blockout!

Replies

• NinaCammarata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    A quick screenshot of the main stone material that I'm planning on using as the base for a lot of the temples and structures. Still have a few tweaks to go but it's almost finished for now. 

• NinaCammarata
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Not a terribly exciting update but I figured I'd post anyways. Got the base mesh ready to go for sculpting. Some portions I'm going to sculpt (broken areas) and for areas that are mostly in tact I'll be using substance and adjusting the geometry later so there's more depth. Either way most of the rock surface details will be in Substance since I've got a material ready to go for that.