Home Animation Showcase & Critiques

Draft Animation Showreel

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
LukeAnimation polycounter lvl 3

Hello

I’m currently putting together an animation showreel and would be grateful if I could receive some feedback on what I produced so far.

I have only produced the animation in this sequence.

Kind regards

Luke

Replies

• Arturow
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Arturow polycounter
    @LukeAnimation
    Good work!!!
    - What I noticed is that in your walkcycles you don't translate up that much the feets, if you put a plane under your character the feet would be getting through the "floor"
    - In your second walk It was maybe the approach you had for that walk but his elbow breaks in the passing position ( is not wrong, maybe you wanted that feel and it's totally fine, like woody from toy story :) )
    - In your run it gets a little messy in some parts, those are things that you can check on the graph editor it will be like a messy curve and I think that your COG is too low.
    - Some sliding parts like in the legs of the horse :) same, you can watch the graph editor and control those sliding attributes better
    - It's a bit distracting for the acting pieces to have the wireframe activated, but just my opinion. It's looking good but you still need to hit some poses to avoid the symmetry of the actions of each character and then keep them alive in each pose :)
    - In the last exercises, the character moves parts of this body but they don't feel connected, like when you move the arm you need to move a little bit the chest just to not feel it that static or robotic

Hope it helps :)!

• LukeAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    @Arturow
    That's great, thanks!
  • Hito
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hito interpolator
    I think it's a little early for cutting a reel. That said, the acting piece might be better earlier, since it's the most complex piece and probably the one you'll spend most time polishing, though it's still in blocking at the moment. The horse cycle is the least strong one, I'd study more refs of horse body mechanics. There isn't enough motion to the upper joint of front legs, that's the equivalent of animating human arms from only elbows down. In a horse it ends up looking like a person in a horse costume in the front half.
  • LukeAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hey @Hito thanks for the feedback.
  • LukeAnimation
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Hello

I've significantly changed my animation reel since my last post and was wondering if I could receive some further feedback.

Many Thanks

Luke