Home Unreal Engine

Mysterious shadows, lights and colors on modular pieces, in one room only

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
mine polycounter lvl 3
Hi, 

I have been using 3 modular pieces to build ceilings in my project. I wasn't happy with my first design, so I made new pieces. ...And broke it.

In 2 rooms, the ceilings are looking just fine. On the third room, I have weird lights, shadow and colors coming from nowhere. Seems like they are baked on my texture maps, because they repeat on every individual piece.

I am using same pieces, same material, same lightmaps.
What am I missing?

Thank you,
M.

Room 1

Room 2

Room 3

Room 3 - another corner

Replies

• AnaCarolinaPereira
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnaCarolinaPereira polycounter lvl 7
    Can you post a screenshot of your lightmap uvs? Maybe the lights in the first two rooms may not be static. Did you edit the scale of the 3rd ceiling at all? Have you tried deleting it and replacing it with exact copies of one of the first two ceilings?
  • mine
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    mine polycounter lvl 3
    Hi Ana,

Thank you so much for your help.
    I didn't scale any of the pieces, all of them used as 1/1/1. Almost all lights in my project is static. I use stationary lights only on lamp shades, to light the subsurface. So, their radius is very small. They shouldn't be effecting anything.

These are my lightmaps, after I've merged the modular pieces. You can't see from here, but they are on the grid.

I actually went Dr. House mode and cured my ceiling for everything :) Tried deleting, re-unwrapping, re-arranging, re-lightmapping, moving the lights and reflection boxes/spheres around, checking the mesh in Maya, and so on.

I am not sure what happened, but it is looking a bit better at the moment.

Cheers,
    M.

• AnaCarolinaPereira
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    AnaCarolinaPereira polycounter lvl 7
    I'm glad you were able to fix it!