Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Warhammer Axe

GuanAndOnly
polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
GuanAndOnly polycounter lvl 6
Been working on this axe which is from I believe Warhammer Online.
I've been putting off working on this and I figured posting it here will be the push I need to finish it. 
Concept: http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-9QOFPjK6Q5w/TXhjEiTkvaI/AAAAAAAAAGw/3abOObfea4g/s1600/axe_original_conecpt.jpg
Not sure if I'm gonna go for a straight up diffuse only, or a stylized PBR. 
Thoughts? :0

Replies

• Cglewis
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis polycounter lvl 12
    I like where this is going, I for one would like to see this in a stylized PBR :)
    I would like to see more angles of it but it looks like you have your forms right, i like what you have done with the chips in the blade.
    keep it up man, looking forward to hopefully seeing this in PBR
  • GuanAndOnly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Cglewis said:
    I like where this is going, I for one would like to see this in a stylized PBR :)
    I would like to see more angles of it but it looks like you have your forms right, i like what you have done with the chips in the blade.
    keep it up man, looking forward to hopefully seeing this in PBR
    Thanks for the comment dude! The progress is a bit slow but I'm painting it for unlit for now. 
    I realized that I have some really messed up smoothing groups that I don't think I can completely get rid of without a complete retopo but I kind of fucked up the saves of both my low and high poly models haha. Too scared to go to crazy and screw around with the uvs since I don't think I have the right meshes to rebake. :'(
    Really liked doing the pbr version though 'cause I was doing some manual normal painting for the emblems. 8D

• GuanAndOnly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Didn't work on it much recently but pushed it to this.
    I'm having trouble making the part where the gold sits look like metal. :<
    Any crits would be great! 
  • GuanAndOnly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Oh yeh, left off at this yesterday. Gonna try and finish all the bases and then refine some more. :>

• CybranM
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM interpolator
    It looks nice but I feel like the grey metal is a bit too flat compared to the vibrant colour of the gold.
    The gradient on the handle is a bit too wide, I think it would look better with a more even colour along its length with some dirt/weathering close to the beginning and end. Just my two cents :smile:
  • GuanAndOnly
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CybranM said:
    It looks nice but I feel like the grey metal is a bit too flat compared to the vibrant colour of the gold.
    The gradient on the handle is a bit too wide, I think it would look better with a more even colour along its length with some dirt/weathering close to the beginning and end. Just my two cents :smile:
    Thanks for the comment dude! By grey, are you referring to the cylinder areas? :0
    Those aren't textured yet, just laid a grey color on top of everything at the start and slowly adding color. c:
    Thought it would be fun to start texturing from the main focus area, haha.
    You're right about the gradient and blemishes, I've had a few people tell me the same. It's now right at the top of things I needa tweak and I'll edit it when I reach the handle area.
    For now I'm gonna texture the grey areas so the overall thing looks less flat. 8D