Home Technical Talk

Riggers! Give me your favorite tutorials/articles!

polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
LexiWhite polycounter lvl 3
Hey there! 

I'm just getting started on this crazy thing y'all call rigging, and I was wondering if there were any resources available that explained more about the theory behind it. 

My understanding of this topic is very basic. I've created two very simple rigs and have completed some of the courses on digitaltutors/pluralsight/youtube, but they were more step-by-step guides. I was just clicking on things without being given a reason. 

I'm using Cinema 4D (I know, I know), but if there's a tut for Maya in which concepts can be taken, please share it anyways! I'm looking for theory, not method. Rigging is a pretty universal concept, right? :0

Please help haha!

Replies

• joarwho
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    joarwho polycounter lvl 5
    If you still are a student I would suggest downloading a student license of Autodesk Maya (It's free!). Cinema 4D is a pretty decent piece of software for beginners, but if you really are dedicated to learn rigging you should probably move over to a more competent software as soon as possible. You will find an endless amount of resources for Maya and people are more likely to be able to help you out and answer your questions if/when you get stuck in the swamp of rigging  :)

Anyway, I found this rigging series from 3Dmotive very helpful: http://3dmotive.com/series/the-bipedal-rigging-series.html

Good luck and happy rigging!