Home Technical Talk

How to practice in zbrush?

MujtabaYousuf
polycounter lvl 3
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
MujtabaYousuf polycounter lvl 3
Helo guys
So I bought wacom tablet for zbrush. Now I know the interface of the software pretty well but still can't get my hands set on the form. Trust me, watching another person sculpting on YouTube doesn't help me until and unless if I learned a technique. I am learning anatomy as it is important but I can't get some shapes like I want. So is there any way I can practice effectively? 
Thanks!

Replies

• musashidan
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    musashidan high dynamic range

Really studying forms is as important as learning to sculpt them. Doing smaller studies of certain parts of the head or body helps a lot. Doing lots of sculpts of a nose or an ear or an arm. Nothing too detailed, just the primary forms.

This builds up your anatomy knowledge alongside your sculpting confidence and technique. And it also frees you from getting bogged down and frustrated as you might with a more complex project. Eventually you will get a feel for which brushes or combinations of brushes work best and you develope your own style.

It can take a long time to develope your style, and a lifetime mastering anatomy. :)

just stick at it. If you put in the study and practice, you will succeed.

And my top piece of advice is to work with sub-div levels. They are invaluable when sculpting. So many people new to ZB and sculpting start out with dynamesh and usually create shite. Working at a low subdiv level will force you achieve the all important primary forms. If you can't see them at a low subdiv then a lot of times you never will.

• kanga
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    kanga quad damage
    For anatomy I find it helpful to have a monitor next to my sculpting monitor with a program like DAZ open. You not only get to see perfect anatomy, you can rotate it around as well.