Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

[UE4] Male Character rendered in UE4

CB_Productions
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
CB_Productions polycounter lvl 2
Hey,

just wanted to gather some feedback for this character. 

It is part of a custom character creator for UE4. It enables you to create a custom character like in many modern games (especially RPGs/MMORPGs).

I am not completely happy with the result (e.g. the hair). But I think there are some things I dislike but cannot really put my finger on it. So, any kind of feedback is very welcome :)

Replies

• CB_Productions
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    CB_Productions polycounter lvl 2
    Didn't really liked the hair. So since today Epic released an example I swapped out my hair with the one from the example. Gotta say it looks way better!

• oreoorbitz
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    oreoorbitz polycounter lvl 9
    Hai.
    eye lashes would help the overall feel.

As for actual anatomy that can be improved on, I think maybe the chin mandable jowl area is slightly off. I think the chin protrudes too much and doesn't line up with the rest of mandible correctly, and the bulge from the orbicularis oris is probably too thick.

I also think his lower eyelid should be puffier to match the age of the rest of his face.

The skin of his brow doesn't feel like its resting on his eyelids, maybe you might want to give him hooded eyes like many masculine actors tend to have.

Thats about all I can spot, otherwise, looks good!.
  • Mongrelman
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Mongrelman polycounter lvl 18
    Looking good. I think the shape of the eyebrows could use some adjusting. They're currently pretty flat and are quite thin by the nose. I think if you broaden that area a bit and bring the apex up higher and nearer the outer corner of the eye that will help.

Something like this: