Home› Technical Talk

Thinking about cintiq, need computer hardware help

ShadyDev
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
ShadyDev polycounter lvl 4

Hello! I am hoping to get a cintiq in the next few months and I am wondering if someone has done something similar to what I want to do. I currently work with a two monitor set up and I would like to keep both monitors and add the cintiq (which is essentially a third monitor). I use my computer for projects that don't involve a tablet/cintiq so I would like to keep it separate to be used only when needed. Has anyone done this, and what is the best way to set this up? Does it make more sense to get two of the same graphics cards or find a gpu that can have 3 inputs (probably two vga/dvi and one hdmi? not sure exactly what cintiq uses) and any suggstions on gpus?

my current hardware set up is as follows:

cpu - i5 760

motherboard - evga p55 200 ftw

gpu- GeForce gtx 460

Replies

• pior
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    pior grand marshal polycounter
    This is 100% doable, even on a single graphics card. You'll probably have to get some converters depending on the type of input of the various monitors but this is easy.

I am currently running a main regular monitor in Landscape, a secondary regular monitor in Portrait, and a 21UX as tertiary that I grab when I need it, which is daily. There's also a Vive on the 4th output, but that device doesn't show on the screen diagram. Graphics card is a GTX 1070. These cards have one HDMI, one DVI and three Display ports.

• ShadyDev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    ShadyDev polycounter lvl 4
    huh...that's awesome - so how are your cables connected to everything?