Home Digital Sketchbooks

Sketchbook: Brian Mumphrey

polycounter lvl 9
Offline / Send Message
brianmumphrey polycounter lvl 9
Critiques welcome, working on mainly environment and prop stuff.  Starting this off with an environment sketch a day.

Day 1 (Image from Map Crunch)

Replies

• brianmumphrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Day 2 (Image from Map Crunch)

• brianmumphrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
  • brianmumphrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Been bad about updating this, here's some stuff from the last two weeks.  I've been mainly working on designs for a shoot em up with friends that I'm keeping track of in another thread, so getting to these environments after a full day illustrating at the job plus the time spent on the game after work has been draining. Might start posting my work from the game in here as well to keep in the habit of updating this thread.   

• noahcarev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noahcarev triangle
    Hi Brian,
    you have great environment studies there. I like how you catched the color and light in the last two sketches. Please keep up posting here, it would be great to see some sketches from your  game :)
  • brianmumphrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Thanks Noahcarev!

Got a chance on break at work today to go paint the pond near the building.  Only 30min sketch so pretty rough. I'll post some images soon of the game, should have some 3d and 2d stuff to show off.   

• brianmumphrey
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Some more sketches from this week.  Doing a lot of these on a Surface Book I got a month ago and finally getting around to working with it daily.  Never realized how much I rely on quick keys and shortcuts until I started working on a tablet with no keyboard, so things take a lot longer to do atm when working that way.  Starting to get a bit faster as I get more done though.  

Trying to catch this pond out back by the place I work at during different light but it's been raining all week so I did this one from memory for the hell of it.  

• noahcarev
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    noahcarev triangle
    I'll post some images soon of the game, should have some 3d and 2d stuff to show off.   

I'm curious about the game, it's your own project?
    Great life study! I know 30 minutes sounds enough for a quick painting, but appearances are deceptive lol