Home Career & Education

Inputs about CG Spectrum? Worth it?

polycounter lvl 5
Offline / Send Message
YF_Sticks polycounter lvl 5
Hey everyone

I got started in 3D and I'm really excited about it. To be professionally educated would be great, especially because you get to meet people and learn a lot about the industry.

I made some research and got really interested in CG Spectrum. They offer great courses and the reviews I read (not on their page obviously) were really good. I want to ask if you guys have any experience with it or some insights.

Thank you

Replies

• Larry
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Larry interpolator
    I have a subscription on pluralsight and its really good. In some courses they also give you assignments, and they have learning paths for major programs like maya 3ds max zbrush etc. There were times things got complicated but you should be able to find answers ( this industry requires good problemsolving skills as well). Anyway I learned so much in the first day I couldnt learn by myself or youtube for years. 30$ per month is definatelly worth it, I started at the beginning of 2017 and so far ive learned modeling sculpting baking, ive learned alot of industry programs like 3dsmax,mudbox zbrush substance painter.
  • PhoenixG
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    I'm currently a student of 3D animation at CG Spectrum. The set up is very nice; the instructors all know what it's like to be a beginner and the courses (at least as far as animation goes) really push getting comfortable with the software while not being overwhelming. It makes it easier to be a beginner, as you get the right information instead of digging around and just 'picking it up as you go.' I can't express how much my mentor has helped me. They really care about their students.
  • Brian "Panda" Choi
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Brian "Panda" Choi high dynamic range
    @PhoenixG 
    Pretty sure without a portfolio link, this review should be suspect.  He literally just joined today.