Workshop Details: https://handpaintersguild.wordpress.com/portfolio/workshop-10/Hello Polycount! The Handpainter's Guild is running a special workshop for the next 2 months! HPGuild is a group of 2D and 3D Artists who are passionate about stylized models and handpainted textures. And we regularly hold art workshops where we ask our members to create sketches, or textures based on a theme.
Since Overwatch's 1st anniversary is coming up we wanted to start the event now so that artists can finish by the 24th of May. (actual date of anniversary)
This is our way to tell Blizzard that we LOVE their game.
Some Overwatch Art Resources:
• Official Zbrush Summit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eGHU8DI6fo4
• The Art of ‘Overwatch’: http://www.gdcvault.com/play/1024268/The-Art-of-Overwatch-Evolving
• Official Blizzard References: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/media/
• Technical Study: http://polycount.com/discussion/170394/technical-study-overwatch-image-heavy
• Insight Overwatch Tech Art: http://www.gosugamers.net/overwatch/news/35188-interesting-insight-into-overwatch-tech-art
• OW Technical Overview: https://80.lv/articles/overwatch-technical-overview/
• OW visual in UE4: https://80.lv/articles/henric-montelius-overwatch-style-visuals-with-ue4/
Disclaimers: We aren't collaborating with Blizzard on this event. But we did contact their staff/PR to let them know of our initiative!
Thank you! Hope to see lots of awesome work!