Home Technical Talk

What kind of problem is this?

Hi I'm working on this dress and got some weird shadows and bumps on the mesh, this is a project for a client and she was the one who notice it.. I have think that its just the edge flow of the mesh that messed up in the sculpt process.
this the dress (errors are on green :p )Here is the uv checker (one reason i dont think its an UV problem)  she insist that is an UV problem, but I 'm not sure

zbrush low poly Wire Frame

Can anyone point me in the right direction? it's an UV problem or an edge flow problem?

Replies

• .Wiki
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki polycounter lvl 8
    I´m assuming that you´re baking a normalmap from the sculpt. Then you could remove those tiny folds in the dress, since they don´t seem to contribute to the silhouette at all :).

And yes, those bumps are a topology problem. Since your edges flow diagonal to the shape. If you want to really model those folds, then your edges have to flow with the folds.
  • RomarioOrtega
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    .Wiki said:
    I´m assuming that you´re baking a normalmap from the sculpt. Then you could remove those tiny folds in the dress, since they don´t seem to contribute to the silhouette at all :).

And yes, those bumps are a topology problem. Since your edges flow diagonal to the shape. If you want to really model those folds, then your edges have to flow with the folds.
    thank you Wiki, really appreciate it :smiley: