Home Technical Talk

Zbrush axe sculpt complete. Don't know where to go from here :S

flamingmonkey93
polycounter lvl 7
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
flamingmonkey93 polycounter lvl 7
Hi anyone who catches this. First post and all.

So this here is a quick Zbrush BPR grab of my 'Axe of Fury' I designed, nothing special about the presentation.

I'm happy with how it has came out, of course feel free to drop any critique while you're here.
The issue I am having is I have no idea where to go with this sculpt now. This sculpt is made from Dyna-meshed geometry and so holds no UV coords, but I want to move onto painting and texturing it, may be with (Quixel or Substance), with my final goal to be able to showcase this painted alongside a low-poly baked version.

What steps should I move onto next? I do have a low poly version of most of the geometry in the same 3d space, as it was originally made in max until I decided to Dyna-mesh it instead.
Can anyone point me in the right direction, do I manually/auto retop the whole thing? Baked the detail down onto my low poly then take that into Substance? Project my low poly to the high poly?

I'm sat here just staring at my model and trying to find suitable tutorials pondering what to do next.

Cheers in advance to anyone.

P.S I hope I actually posted this in the right place, I barely use forums to understand the etiquette 

Replies

• JRay
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    JRay polycounter lvl 10
    I would use the low poly stuff that you have to start the retoppo and try to match the silhouette as much as possible. Once your low is done bring your high and low into substance and bake it down.
  • Burpee
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Burpee polycounter lvl 9
    Do a decimation of you model, then bring it in Maya, retopo, then put it in Substance and bake everything !
    Cheers !
  • flamingmonkey93
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    flamingmonkey93 polycounter lvl 7
    thanks guys. I had a feeling i would have to retop it, but I guess I was just hoping to avoid it, seeing as 60% of my day job involves retopping.
    I use 3D-coat for retopping, are you saying that maya has tools for this job (I'm a Max guy)
  • Nam.Nguyen
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Nam.Nguyen polycounter lvl 9
    thanks guys. I had a feeling i would have to retop it, but I guess I was just hoping to avoid it, seeing as 60% of my day job involves retopping.
    I use 3D-coat for retopping, are you saying that maya has tools for this job (I'm a Max guy)
    Nahh,  Maya, Max or other 3D packages all have tools for this job.  3D coat is actually pretty good for retopo and UVs comparing to those two