Home Technical Talk

Agisoft photoscan mesh quality using an Iphone camera

Reece Whittingham
polycounter lvl 4
Offline / Send Message
Reece Whittingham polycounter lvl 4
Hi guys,
i'm working on a photogrammetry project currently that requires meshes to be created from photos that are taken on phone cameras. I'm new to the whole photogrammetery so it's kind of a learning process.

My question is what kind of detail could you get on a model that is created from such basic cameras? obviously i'm not expecting models as detailed as some of the youtube tutorials but im currently having issues with the created mesh being really bumpy etc. Im wondering if this is down to only using a phone camera

Thanks 

Replies

• gnoop
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    gnoop sublime tool
     iphone  should be ok too.   You  just need to make   closer  and thus  more shots for better pixels/details ratio and do it with enough light  to keep shutter  speed  up to 1/60 sec  for better crispness.    It's not always possible and hard to control with iphone, without "camera+" app at least,   so a nice camera with good vibration reduction is much more forgiving in that regard.  

• Reece Whittingham
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    Reece Whittingham polycounter lvl 4
    right, i've been sticking mostly to keeping the same distance for each shot in a circular motion, i'll try closer up shots see if they have better results. Thanks