Home Technical Talk

[Solved]Animation 3ds max

levsingh
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
Pinned
levsingh polycounter lvl 2
Hello guys i know the basics of animation in 3ds max, recently i made a fps hand with a gun and did all the animation, one thing that has been bugging me and i couldn't find in any tutorial is that how can i instantiate certain things, in my case the magazine of my gun i want to throw it away and put another one in my gun.
Could someone please helpe or point me tp the right tutorial.

Thanks

Replies

• monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    If you are animating for a game, you actually need to use the same magazine for both actions. There are a few ways to do this...

1. The easy way is to animate two Point helpers instead of the magazine, and then find an Animated Align script online and align the magazine to each seaction of the animation.

2. The slightly more complex way is to use a Link Constraint and animation the parent of the magazine so that it follow the gun, then the hand, then the gun again.

3. The most complex setup, and what I do, is to add custom attributes and position / rotation constraints that let you use a slider to pick which object the magazine follows.
  • monster
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    monster polycounter
    BTW, #3 is how I created this animation.

• levsingh
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    levsingh polycounter lvl 2
    Thankyou, link constrain was the term here i just couldn't find the tutorial, now i did thank you very much.