Home 3D Art Showcase & Critiques

Realistic Head and Body sculpting.

RustyBeard
polycounter lvl 2
Offline / Send Message
RustyBeard polycounter lvl 2
Hey everyone, I'm a few days into this project already but wanted to start getting involved with all the amazing people here. I'm creating a cowboy character for my portfolio, after watching countless hours of tutorials, more quick sculpts and anatomy studies than I care to think about I started this, character is heavily based on Ed Harris's character from West World, not sure if I am (or even if I am capable of) doing an exact likeness but I'm getting it as close as I can for now. 

Workflow thus far as been - Create basemesh - I spent weeks on this and will probably use it for every male character I create here on out.  I used this to get the topology to a point where I could sculpt in details without going to insane polycounts. Then a number of hours just using the move brush, getting the skull, zygomatic bones, nose etc. into a place which I felt mirrored the reference. Then many more hours using the clay , d-standard and smooth brushes to bring in the muscle and fat groups. I'll keep this thread updated as I go through the whole process from here on out. 
I'm currently looking at different workflows for skin detailing, might purchase Adam Skutt's tutorials on realistic character sculpts to see where he takes it, also Pablanders double action brushes tutorials look promising. Critiques always welcome. 

Replies