Home Digital Sketchbooks

SKETCHBOOK: jArmAhead

jArmAhead
null
Trying to spend more time in Blender and less time playing old games to pass the time! Hopefully, this will get me coming back for more and getting inspiration and feedback on my work.

I mostly do this for fun but could see it eventually being more so I want to learn and build my skills.

This first post is just random little projects I did in the past but I'll work on updating with current projects with more focus on refining pieces and learning from them. Early stuff you can critique if you really want to but it won't go to much use as I don't have those files or any interest in going back!

Replies

• jArmAhead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jArmAhead null

A simple sword I modeled in Blender and mostly just applied some basic Substances to in order to get it looking presentable. Massive pommel. Still relatively pleased that the normal on the handle worked so well.
  • jArmAhead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jArmAhead null

Tombstone that I modeled for some substance practice. Most of the time spent was me trying to figure out how to do a clean model without knowing (a continuing predicament) best practices for meshes and then messing with Substance to texture and weather it.
  • jArmAhead
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    jArmAhead null

Rocky well I roughly sculpted (hence the messy geometry) and lazily unwrapped for more practice with Substance. Weird highlights are from me trying to put flowing water trickling between the stones, but the environment map makes it pick up some weird reflections.