Home Technical Talk

zbrush + Image Planes + ShadowBox = :( plz help.

polycounter lvl 6
Offline / Send Message
Beddall polycounter lvl 6
Hey,
So I have my image planes set up in Zbrush using the image planes in the Draw menu. Everything is working fine...  until I try to use Shadowbox in the scene.... then everything just goes bad.  The image plane will resize and offset.. which is a problem in itself if I'm trying to shadowbox something into the scene but then all my reference moves...  but I guess the worst problem is that the offsets for the reference images don't reflect the changes that have been made to them, they are still 0,0.  the grid size gets set to 1 and I can get that back to what it was by typing in the number...   but the offsets seem random...
Is there a workflow for using shadowbox in a project that already has reference images, that you don't want moved.?

any help will be greatly appreciated.. 

cheers

Replies

• cryrid
    Options
    Offline / Send Message
    cryrid interpolator
    You might have to save the project file before hand (which should save your grid/image plane setup). 
    Then if you run shadow box and it messes things up, you can still export the newly created tool out as a separate ztool file, reload the project, and then import & append the tool.